What to Bring
- Hunting clothing that is blaze orange or another suitable orange vest
- Several layers of clothing; fall weather conditions vary
- Shooting gloves and eye protection
- Hunting boots that are broken in – the field is not the place to do it.
- All appropriate supplies for your dogs that will be joining the hunt.
- Camera and/or video equipment to help capture the memories!
There are three South Dakota airports within a three hour drive of our hunting land. If you need transportation to and from the airport we’ll be happy to assist.
For those who will be chartering a flight, three charter companies are available at the Aberdeen Regional Airport.
South Dakota Pheasant License
- Season runs from October 17, 2015 to January 3, 2016
- Shooting hours: noon the opening week and 10 A.M. thereafter till sunset
- $125 for one ten day or two five day licenses
- 3 roosters per day and 15 possession Limit
North Dakota Pheasant License
- Season runs from October 10, 2015 to January 3, 2016
- Shooting hours: 30 minutes before sunrise till sunset
- $122 for one 14 day or two 7 day licenses
- 3 roosters per day and 12 possession Limit
Cheyenne River Sioux Tribal Pheasant License
- Tentatively from October 3 to December 6, 2015
- Shooting hours: sunrise till sunset
- $45 for licenses
- 3 roosters per day and 12 possession limit
Please try and condition yourself and your dogs-if you bring them. It will make the entire experience much more enjoyable. If you have a physical ailment or handicap-please let us know in advance-we can easily accommodate your special needs.
Twelve Gauge guns are strongly recommended as our birds are 100% Wild. Meaning they are wily, fast, and tough-particularly later in the season. The lighter gauges can and do work, provided you have experience handling them. Beginners are best to start out bigger.
It is recommended that you obtain your South Dakota or North Dakota hunting license before your arrival. You can do this by visiting the South Dakota Game Fish and Parks website or the North Dakota Game Fish and Parks website.